Made these awhile ago but forgot to post...bad bad blogger! I know! This is possibly the easiest bread recipe out there. All you need is a cast iron cookware (or mini ones like mine from Le Creuset) and 4 ingredients only. No joke!
|Bonne Maman mini preserves - special thnx to frenchie's lil bro|
10 bread rolls
3 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp dried yeast
1 3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups water
1. Mix flour, yeast, salt and water in a mixing bowl.
2. Cover bowl with cling wrap and set aside for minimum 12 hours or leave overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 230°C and place cast iron pots in the oven for 30 minutes.
4. Place dough on a heavily floured surface and shape into a ball or 10 mini balls depending on size of cookware.
5. Remove pots from oven and drop in the dough.
6. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove lid and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Once it has cooled down a little, cut it open and smother with your favourite jam and butter! :) Best to enjoy them while they are fresh out from the oven to be certain the bread is soft inside and crusty on the outside.