Ghermez has inspired my new addiction for cupcakes. Their cupcakes are really stylish, yummy and smaller than those at other bakeries, but are the perfect size - so I can get my hands on to a variety of flavours! ;)
Mum and I had a baking session during the weekend. We used orange zest and juice for the flavour of the cupcakes and frosted with a simple lemon glaze (see recipe below). We baked so many that we had enough for home, work and my sweet gf, D's b'day.
Definitely not my last time baking these sweet little treats, my verdict - cupcakes are actually really fun and easy to make. The best part is decorating it! ;P
48 mini cupcakes
2 cups self-raising flour
3/4 cups caster sugar
3/4 cup milk
125g butter - melted
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1 tbsp grated orange rind
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
1-1 1/2 tbsp water (lemon juice)
1. Preheat oven to 180 C.
2. Combine flour & caster sugar in a bowl, make a well in the centre.
3. Add milk, butter, eggs, vanilla essence, orange juice & rind. Stir gently to combine.
4. Spoon mixture into the paper cups.
5. Bake 15-20 mins, or until skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
6. Frost cupcakes with icing and decorate with your fav. sprinkles.
It'll be easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy! ;)